Vascular access devices, what and when to use for PICCs
A vascular access device provides a means to safely administer medications to a patient for the duration of therapy. In this program, we:
- Define and outline two specific goals for device selection
- Provide a quick review of the various types of vascular access devices available on the market
- Discuss under which circumstances each device is chosen as well as various considerations and limitations
- Review and discuss the seven factors to consider for each and every patient prior to the selection of a vascular access device
- Take a detailed look at the decision process required when selecting a vascular access device based on prescribed therapy and various patient conditions and factors
This program includes a manual which can be downloaded for future reference. Successful completion of the post-test with a score of 80% or higher is necessary to receive continuing education credits for this program.
For more information and/or to purchase this online education please visit us at https://www.piccexcellence.com/education/productpage.php?productID=59.